Oxford, Mississippi is in full swing with fans, football, and families! Not only are temperatures and leaves soon to be falling, but your calendars are about to be full with exciting fall events. Ole Miss football is always enticing, but don’t forget these free activities that every member of the family can take part in:
- Oxford City Market– This event happens every Tuesday at 6:30PM at the Community Pavilion on University Avenue. Your family can have the chance to meet local farmers, swap recipes, discover new vegetables to try for dinner, and eat homemade delights! Entertainment is also included with a line up of educational, cultural, and instructional programming.
- The One Night Stand at The Ole Miss Motel– This event will be October 15th from 5-9PM at The Ole Miss Motel located on University Avenue. This annual event allows artists to take over one room every night to transform it into their own gallery! Saint Leo will have a pop-up style setup with great food from a new local restaurant. If you pay $25, then you get to come in from 5-6PM for a special preview and opportunity to purchase art before everyone else. From 6-9PM is free admission for all ages.
- Hike or Bike the Whirlpool Trails– This trail is a great way to spend a weekend afternoon. The trail is three miles to the end and three miles back to the entrance and great for running, walking, or biking. The Whirlpool Trails are located just south of Highway 6 and West of Chucky Mullins Drive.
- Pumpkin Patch at St. Peter’s Episcopal Church– Through the month of October, take a stroll off the Square to St. Peter’s Episcopal Church where they have a pumpkin patch set up for everyone to enjoy. Have your family pick out any and all sizes to decorate your front porch for this fall season.
- Pedi-Cab Tour around the Square– Give a call to one of the many bike-driven carriage companies in the area to set up your unique tour and time. Such a fun way to see the sights from a whole different perspective!
- Maker’s Market Saturdays– The first Saturday of each month, hang out on the Courthouse lawn on the Historic Downtown Square and see local artists’ and other creative individuals’ work. This event is from 10AM-4PM with live music starting at noon. While on the Square, grab some lunch at one of the many appetizing places the Square has to offer.
These are just a few of the multiple free opportunities coming up this fall for everyone in the community to get enjoy. If you know of another great event coming up, please contact Visit Oxford at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 662-232-2477.