Built in 1859 by William Turner, Cedar Oaks is a Greek revival structure that has survived a tumultuous past. Molly Turner Orr gathered a fire brigade to save the home in 1864, set aflame by occupying Union troops. Nearly a century later Cedar Oaks was moved 2.2 miles from it’s original location to survive business development. Presently, the home is maintained by the Oxford Historic Properties Commission, and is available by reservation for civic clubs, teas, receptions, weddings, and tours.
Oxford, MS 38655
1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
To Rent Cedar Oaks, please call Amy Wilkes, Events Coordinator - Historic Sites Commission