Visit Mississippi Responsibly
We look forward to welcoming visitors to Mississippi’s scenic outdoors and numerous tourism offerings throughout the state. Visitors are advised to follow CDC guidelines while both traveling to and visiting our beautiful state. Safe practices including washing hands regularly with soap and water, minimizing close contact with others, and maintaining a minimum of six feet of social distance from others. Visitors are also encouraged to stay informed of additional public health guidance in local destinations throughout the state to minimize risk to themselves and others.
We will do our part to ensure all visitors can experience the joy of traveling to Mississippi. We thank you for doing yours.
Visit Oxford Safely
To help businesses re-open while protecting the public from the spread of COVID-19, the City of Oxford has passed an ordinance that requires all employees and customers to wear a face covering when entering any business.
Highlights to Know When Visiting:
- Wear a mask (face covering, bandana, etc.) when entering ANY business
- Observe social distancing requirements
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
For an updated listing of what services your favorite restaurants are offering, click here.
- Customers are not allowed to congregate in waiting areas
- Wear your mask into the restaurant. You can remove it after you’ve been seated.
- Restaurant seating capacity has been reduced to 50% or less
- No more than 6 people per table
For an updated listing of your favorite retailers, click here.
- Wear your face covering while shopping.
For an updated listing of local hotels, click here.
- Wear your face covering when entering the building and in public spaces.
For now, the following attractions are closed:
- Rowan Oak
- University Museum
- Burns-Belfry Museum and Multicultural Center
- LQC Lamar House
- Double Decker Bus Tours
Local parks are open!
Visit Oxford Virtually
Before you make your trip, check out these virtual options so you can plan your itinerary!
Download the Oxford Walking Tour Guide.
If you need inspiration for what to do in Oxford, read our latest blog post with ideas on safely visiting.