Visit Mississippi Responsibly
We look forward to welcoming visitors to Mississippi’s scenic outdoors and numerous tourism offerings throughout the state. Visitors are advised to follow CDC guidelines while both traveling to and visiting our beautiful state. Safe practices including washing hands regularly with soap and water, minimizing close contact with others, and maintaining a minimum of six feet of social distance from others. Visitors are also encouraged to stay informed of additional public health guidance in local destinations throughout the state to minimize risk to themselves and others.
We will do our part to ensure all visitors can experience the joy of traveling to Mississippi. We thank you for doing yours.
Visit Oxford Safely
The City of Oxford has removed an ordinance that requires all employees and customers to wear a face covering when entering any business. It is up to the individual businesses on whether or not they require face coverings for entering.
Highlights to Know When Visiting:
- Observe social distancing requirements
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
For an updated listing of what services your favorite restaurants are offering, click here.
- Some restaurants do not require a mask to enter. If a restaurant does have a mask requirement, wear your mask into the restaurant and you can remove it after you’ve been seated.
- Restaurant seating capacity has been restored to 100%.
For an updated listing of your favorite retailers, click here.
- Some retailers do not require a mask to enter. If a retailer does have a mask requirement, it will be posted on the front door.
For an updated listing of local hotels, click here.
- Wear your face covering when entering the building and in public spaces.
For now, the following attractions are closed:
- Rowan Oak
- University Museum
- Burns-Belfry Museum and Multicultural Center
- LQC Lamar House
Local parks are open!
Visit Oxford Virtually
Before you make your trip, check out these virtual options so you can plan your itinerary!
Download the Oxford Walking Tour Guide.
If you need inspiration for what to do in Oxford, read our latest blog post with ideas on safely visiting.